Book now for Noosa Food & Wine 2018
The beautiful Noosa waterways will be a magical backdrop for Noosa Food & Wine 2018 with some of Australia’s best chefs, winemakers and foodies heading to this gorgeous coastal and hinterland region for four days of celebrations from 17-20 May.
The program has just been released and already our mouths are watering with events in the tipis, right on Noosa’s Main Beach; Produce and Brewery Trails; visiting chefs teaming up with some of Noosa’s favourite restaurants; the Long Lunch on Hastings Street; and the new Festival Village in Noosa Heads Lions Park.
Coming to Noosa for Noosa Food & Wine 2018 are Colin Fassnidge (pictured right), Miguel Maestre, Kirsten Tibballs, Adam D’Sylva, Christine Manfield, Alessandro Pavoni and Giovanni Pilu, along with other favourite chefs.
The Beach Tipis, overlooking Laguna Bay, will host several events
over the weekend:
- Opening Party;
- Rise & Nourish breakfast event with yoga and breakfast on the beach;
- Under the Moon in May, featuring Bistro C, Boardwalk Bistro and Rococo;
- Rickys Champagne Brunch;
- Noosa Amour on the Beach featuring Aromas Noosa, Rickys, Locale and Wood Fire Grill; and
- Closing Party, presented by Noosa Boathouse and Dal Zotto Wines.
Festival Village returns to Noosa Heads Lions Park in
the heart of Noosa Heads and overlooking the Noosa waterways, with great food, wine and music across the weekend. Xanadu Wines from Margaret River
will provide a complimentary glass of wine on entry to the Festival Village, and you can wander around:
- The new Craft Beer & Cider Corner;
- Producers Pavilion where you can taste and purchase products from some of the finest artisan producers from the Noosa region and around Australia;
- Wineries, with a selection of some of the best from around Australia and New Zealand;
- Festival Village VIP Lounge, the hottest place to be during the Festival, with limited tickets available;
- Taste of Noosa where you can try the latest tastes from some of Noosa’s best restaurants, all in the one spot;
- Chefs Skills Table with demonstrations from some of Australia’s best chefs;
- Master Classes, with a program of tantalising classes including wine, cheese and more;
- Live music as you drink in the sunset water views from early afternoon to dusk.
There are more than 25 events at Noosa restaurants where visiting chefs will team up with local favourites from Noosa villages including Sunshine Beach, Peregian Beach, Noosaville, Noosa Sound, Noosa
Junction and Hastings Street. Some of the tantalising events include Food Women with Alanna Sapwell of Saint Peter at Pitchfork Restaurant in Peregian Beach; Icebergs at Locale Noosa,
with Monty Koludrovic from Bondi Icebergs; Melbourne Spice with a Touch of Season,
featuring Adam D'Sylva from Coda and Tonka in Melbourne; The Chef and the Fisherman at Thomas Corner Eatery (pictured above), with Chef David Rayner and local fisherman Jason Simpson of Fraser Isle Spanner Crab sharing tales
of this delicious crustacean; XO Retro at Embassy XO with Brendon
Barker of Brisbane's Madame Wu; Shuck Shuck Pour at
Café Le Monde for an evening of bubbles and bivalves; From Across the Ditch at Padstows with Shaun Clouston from New Zealand restaurant Logan Brown; Local Seafood Flair with Miguel Maestre at View Restaurant; 100km Table with Peter Kuruvita & Matt Wilkinson of Pope Joan Melbourne, at Noosa Beach House Peter Kuruvita; North Meets South at Noosa Waterfront with Tony Percuocco; and the Bistro C and OzHarvest Feed 500 Breakfast,
overlooking Noosa’s Main Beach (pictured below).
Six new Produce and Brewery Trails will
give festival goers unique ways to experience Noosa’s hinterland and outdoors, including Courses on Course with 9 holes of food, wine and fun golf at Noosa Springs Golf Course; the new Noosa Brewery Trail, visiting 3 new boutique breweries; and Taste of the Hinterland (pictured below).
The Long Lunch on Hastings Street, one of the festival’s most popular events will take place on Saturday 19 May featuring some of Noosa’s favourite restaurants including Noosa Beach House, Season, Boardwalk Bistro, Aromas, Locale, Bistro C, Café Le Monde and Rococo.
See the full program and book tickets at noosafoodandwine.com.au