Top ways to spoil mum (or yourself) in Noosa
Spoil mum this Mother’s Day, Sunday 14 May with a special Noosa treat - from food, wine and jewels to theatre, thrilling adventure tours and flowers. We've
put together a few ideas for you, or call into our Noosa Visitor Information Centre in Hastings Street, Noosa Heads or at Noosa Marina, Tewantin.
So difficult to choose a favourite, but free chocolates and free morning tea served by the men from the Australian Firefighters Calendar at Australia Zoo is pretty impressive!
EAT AND DRINK
- Noosa Beach House in Hastings Street has a special lunch where you can enjoy Peter Kuruvita’s signature dishes and a glass of French
Champagne on arrival - 2 courses for $69 or 3 courses for $79, book on 5449 4754.
- Relish Restaurant at Noosa Springs, Links Drive, Noosa Heads has a 3-course set lunch for $49pp - book on 5440 3333.
- Locale Noosa in Hastings Street has a 3-course set menu plus a glass of sparkling on arrival with mum, from noon for lunch and from 5.30pm for dinner - $89. Book online.
- The River Deck at Noosa Marina, with riverfront views has Mother's Day breakfast from 7.30 - 10.30am, reduced a la carte lunch menu from 11.30am - 3pm; and full a la carte dinner menu from 5.30-8.30pm. Book on 5474 1100.
- Mother's Day Seafood Platter at Sirocco Noosa, Gympie Tce, Noosaville for lunch and dinner, $39.90, including a glass of Black Label Amadio Brut on arrival. Open 6.30-11am for breakfast, noon-2.30pm for lunch, and from 5.30pm for dinner. Must book on 5455 6688.
- Rickys at Quamby Place, Noosa Sound has a lunch or dinner with full a la carte menu from midday until late, plus they’ll keep the little ones entertained with activities and a kids entertainer in the park from 11.30am - 2.30pm. Book online.
- Treat mum to a delicious Yum Cha lunch at Embassy XO, Sunshine Beach, bookings from 11.30am for Yum Cha, and from 6pm for a la carte and banquet dinner menu. Book on 07 5455 4460.
- Wood Fire Grill in Quamby Place, Noosa Sound has a meaty share plate and two sides for 2 people for $60 - there's even a free kids' entertainer in the park from 11.30am-2.30pm. Or order from the delicious a la carte menu, also available for dinner on Sunday from 5pm. Online bookings recommended.
- Treat mum to a champagne breakfast at Padstows in Noosa Junction between 9am and noon - let them know you are bringing mum and they'll treat her to a complimentary glass of bubbles on arrival. Book on 07 5447 5413.
- A beautiful 3-course lunch at View, Peppers Noosa Resort & Spa, Noosa Heads for the adults, with a gift and glass of bubby for mum on arrival, and a buffet meal with an arts and craft station for children 12 years and under. Live music from noon until late. $49 per adult (with Peppers donating $5 from every adult ticket to the Luke Batty Foundation), and $19 per child. Bookings are essential - CLICK HERE.
Pack a picnic from one of Noosa's beautiful gourmet delis (Gibsons, Belmondo's Organic Market, Go Vegan Deli, Organika, Providore on Hastings and produce markets), or leave the hard work to a specialist such as Getaway Pantry, D'Licious Gourmet Hampers or Spoon Fed Catering - then head to a beautiful picnic spot. Try Noosa Botanic Gardens on the shores of Lake MacDonald, the Noosa River foreshore in Noosaville or take a Noosa Country Drive and find a secret spot in the Noosa hinterland.
Join a cooking class with Life's a Feast or at Noosa restaurants including Wasabi, Spirit House, Fresh Natural Asian or an Easy Cheesy Cheesemaking workshop.
Buy mum a ticket to Noosa Food & Wine Festival 2017 (18-21 May) with some of Australia's best chefs at exclusive dinners and lunches in Noosa restaurants; a Sweet Soiree with Adriano Zumbo; or chill out at The Woods Wine and Produce Village with more than 50 wineries and producers, and the Prosecco Bar presented by Noosa Boathouse and Dal Zotto Wines - a beautiful place to watch the sun set over Noosa River.
Enjoy a Noosa River cruise together - try a Noosa Ferry Eco Cruise, a sunset tour, hire a pontoon boat, step into a 1940s-style speed boat, a gondola or a quiet electric boat.
Tours from Noosa will take mum to the gorgeous Noosa Everglades; Fraser Island (pictured above); on a stunning, guided hinterland walk; into Laguna Bay on a thrilling jet boat; or on a scenic flight over the Sunshine Coast or Fraser Island. It's almost whale season so how about a voucher for a whale watching tour? Ask at Noosa Visitor Information Centres at Noosa Marina and Hastings Street for more ideas.
Noosa has active mums covered too - give her a voucher for a learn to surf lesson, skydiving, kite surfing, hire a stand-up paddle board or kayak (pictured below) and see Noosa from the waterways, or go mountain biking in Tewantin National Park or through the Noosa Trail Network. Take her on a deep sea fishing safari, snorkelling or diving with experts, or give her an entry into one of the running, swimming or cycling events at the Noosa Ultimate Sports Festival (27-28 May).
Experience a taste of Luxe Escapes Noosa with a private Pilates or Yoga class on Noosa beach. Limited places available. Gift vouchers available - phone 0413 342 910.
Mother’s Day Pampering in the AQUA Day Spa, Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort includes aqua therapy and steam room, Thalgo Classical Facial,
a choice of either a manicure or pedicure, and a glass of sparkling on conclusion. Cost is $195 (valued at $255) and valid throughout May. Book on
Take her shopping - to her favourite Hastings Street boutiques or the specialty village shops in Noosaville, Peregian Beach, Noosa Junction or Sunshine Beach and finish off with a cocktail or coffee. Buy her some gorgeous fashion jewellery, artwork, a framed Noosa or family photograph or take her to one of the Noosa region's colourful markets for something unique.
MORE FUN FOR MUM
If she loves music, theatre, dance, opera, food and thought-provoking talks, check out the Noosa Alive! program with some major events now on sale. Heading to Noosa for the festival are Luke Kennedy, the Queensland Ballet and their artistic director Li Cunxin, Lior, Opera Australia, Rachel Berger, Naomi Price as Lady Beatle and many more.
Cooroy Fusion Festival on Saturday 13 May has an Inflatable Selfie Booth in the Cooroy Butter Factory Arts Centre - you and mum can dress up and take home a souvenir photo strip or take your photo strip to the Mother's Day Card Workshop at the festival and turn it into a special handmade card for mum.
For family fun, try Ten Pin Bowling in Noosa or head to Australia Zoo (free chocolates upon arrival and free morning tea served by the men from the Australian Firefighters Calendar!!), Aussie World Fun Park, the Big Kart Track, Bellingham Maze, Sea Life Sunshine Coast or The Ginger Factory.
There's plenty of great live music in Noosa on Mother's Day - see the Noosa gig guide for details. Or colour her world with flowers from Blooms of Noosa or Posy Cart Noosa.
Really impress mum and stay overnight at a Noosa resort, B&B, in a lakehouse or on a houseboat! Spoil her in a Sofitel Noosa River View room with welcome French Champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries, 3-course lunch on Mother's Day, wellness breakfast the next morning followed by a luxurious facial in the AQUA Day Spa - all for $795. Book on 5449 4888.
If you're still stuck for an idea, buy a Noosa Gift Voucher from our Visitor Information Centre in Hastings Street and let mum choose her own adventure activity!
Happy Mother's Day to all the mums in Noosa!