Floating Land 2017: Lost and Found
- When: 8 September - 15 October 2017
- Where: Around Noosa region
- Website: www.noosaregionalgallery.com.au/floatingland
Floating Land explores environmental themes while creating and exhibiting temporary artworks in the Noosa region's outdoor natural settings. View sculptural
works in the Noosa landscape, along the Noosa River foreshore and Noosa Woods, also exhibitions at Noosa Regional Gallery.
Artworks will begin appearing along the foreshores of Tewantin, Gympie Terrace and Noosa Woods from this week and will be on display until October 2, with 16 major sculptural installations showcasing 15 artists’ work.
Other events include artist talks, workshops and children’s activities:
Rainsong, Noosa Woods, end of Hastings Street, Sunday 1 October, 5-7pm with an evening of live music, sculpture, indigenous dance, live art, fire and light projections. Bring a blanket, free.
Noosa Kayak tour, departing from Noosa Kayak Tour office, 25 and 27 September, 8-10.30am, enjoy a relaxing guided kayak tour along the picturesque Noosa River and view the commissioned works from a unique angle, $50 per adult, $35 per child. Bookings and pre-payment essential.
‘We Create’ family workshop, Noosa Woods, Monday 18 and 26 September at 11am, 2pm; Friday 22 and 29 September, 11am and 2pm. All ages,
children must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. For bookings and payments, see the website
Floating Land Children's Program, Noosa Regional Gallery, riverside, Pelican Street, Tewantin:
- Stories in the Earth with Sophy Blake: Create a pinch pot and add the unfired pot to an art piece outside the gallery, Saturday 16 and 23 September, 10am-noon and 1-3pm. Free, ages 8-15, no bookings required.
- Making the invisible visible: Free workshops with artist Shona Wilson, create endangered creatures to be added to her artwork and take home digital images of your creation. Friday 22 September, 11am-2pm, Boreen Point Campground; Saturday 23 September, 1-3pm, Noosa Regional Gallery; Sunday 24 and Monday 25 September, 1-3pm, Noosa Woods. Free, ages 10+, no bookings required.
- Build your own River House: Create your own mini river house with artists Jim and Judy Barrass, to be part of the Floating Land Community Village. Tuesday 19 and 26 September, 10am-1pm; Noosa Regional Gallery. $10 each, ages 7+. Places strictly limited, must book online.
- Patterning Ecology workshop: Make a mandala/kaleidoscope-style cut-out inspired by patterns of leaves and flowers with exhibiting artist Nicola Moss, Friday 22 September, 11am-2pm, Boreen Point, free, ages 5+, no bookings required.
- BirdsUpSideDown: Free workshops with artist Kerstin Jackobsson from Skane in Sweden. Paint or draw our local bird life at the gallery and your artwork will become part of an exhibition in Sweden. Friday 29 and Saturday 30 September, 10-11.30am, Noosa Regional Gallery, free, ages 8-10, no bookings required.