Noosa Jazz Party 2017
- When: 25 August to 3 September 2017
- Where: Various venues including The J, Noosa restaurants and Lions Park in Noosaville
- Price: Free and ticketed events
- Phone: 07 5447 2229
- Website: www.noosajazzparty.com
More than 30 of Australia's top jazz musicians perform in Noosa for the Noosa Jazz Party at venues including a theatre, clubs, restaurants, river cruises
and in the park.
The Australian Jazz Ensemble performs Wonderful World of Jazz with The Noosa Chorale at The J Theatre in Noosa Heads on 25 and 26 August, celebrating the era of Louis Armstrong.
The J also hosts six 1hr sets each night from 31 August to 3 September with jazz jams from 5-11pm each night - cost is $40 per night. There'll be a dance floor, light meals available and a free shuttle bus on these nights.
Other venues around Noosa include the popular dining series at participating restaurants and the free Sunday Concert in the Lions Park Noosaville (next to Noosa Yacht & Rowing Club).
- Friday 1, Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 September (Father’s Day): Jazz artists perform during 3-course lunch from noon.
Café Le Monde, Hastings Street (book at cafelemonde.com/jazz or phone
07 5449 2366):
- Dinner shows daily from 5pm – bookings recommended, all other shows are “walk-in” only. Shows are free except Sat 2 Sept dinner with Ant Aggs featuring Elly Hoyt and Hummin’.
- Thursday 31 August: The Lava Lamps, 6.30pm.
- Friday 1 September: Jazz Party Jam Session, 1pm. Nigel Date, 3pm. Out Of Abingdon, 5pm.
- Saturday 2 September: Jazz Party Jam Session, 1pm. Nigel Date, 3pm. The Ant Aggs Organisation feat. Elly Hoyt, 5.30pm. The Hummin’, 8pm. DJs Ant Aggs and Natø, 10pm – midnight.
- Sunday 3 September: The Brookes Street Grind, 1pm.
Dining specials: $55 for 2-course menu with wine/sparkling/beer, available for lunch noon - 4pm and dinner from 5-8pm daily.
El Capitano, Hastings Street:
- Friday 1 September: Leena Salim Duo from 7.30pm
- Saturday 2 September: Ant Aggs Quartet featuring Elly Hoyt from 7.30pm
- Sunday 3 September: The Brookes Street Grind Trio (Lochlan Feng), 1-3pm
Sunshine Beach Surf Club (book on 07 5447 5491):
Thursday 31 August: 2 jazz bands from noon.
Miss Moneypenny's, Hastings Street (book on 07 5474 9999):
Friday 1 September: Gaudions Galore featuring Juliarna, lunch, 2-course a la carte dining for $70pp or casual lounge dining for $55pp.
Free concert in the park:
A free concert on the Riverstage in Lions Park, Gympie Tce, Noosaville will be held on Father's Day, Sunday 3 September from 12.30pm. The program is:
- 12.30-2pm: St Andrews Jazz Ensemble and Sunshine Coast Youth Jazz Orchestra.
- 2pm: Brett Iggulden, Michael McQuaid, Jason Downes, Mike Hawthorne, Jo Bloomfield, Matt Eves, Nigel Date and Laurie Lyster.
- 3pm: Simon Stribling, Paul Williams, Brad Child, Geoff Power, Matt Eves, James Clark, Laurie Lyster, Peter Hooper and Juliarna.