Queen’s Baton Relay in Noosa
- When: Monday 26 March 2018
- Where: Tewantin and Noosa Heads
- Price: Free
- Website: www.noosa.qld.gov.au/queens-baton-relay
Noosa celebrates the Queen's Baton Relay for the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast, with a 7km route through Noosa, starting and ending with public
More than 30 residents will carry the Queen’s Baton through Noosa, from Read Park in Tewantin to Noosa's Main Beach.
The Queen’s Baton will depart Read Park, Poinciana Ave at 3.52pm, arriving at Noosa Main Beach at 5.30pm. Road closures will be in place along the route and everyone is welcome to watch from the roadside anywhere along the course.
There will be entertainment in Read Park from around 3.15pm, before the baton’s departure, and free entertainment on Noosa Main Beach from 4.30-6.30pm.
Noosaville Lions Park, Gympie Tce, is another main viewing area – please walk or ride to the event. If driving, free temporary event parking will be available:
- All day at Noosa District Sports Complex (near Read Park, Tewantin). A Tewantin Noosa RSL shuttle bus will travel from the sports complex to Read Park.
- At Chaplin Park, Noosaville (to watch the relay along Gympie Terrace), from noon – 3.30pm. It will reopen for vehicles to leave from 4.30pm – 5.30pm.
- Noosa Heads Lions Park from noon – 4.30pm. It will reopen for vehicles to leave from 6pm – 7.30pm.