Sunshine Coast Open House
- When: Saturday 21 October 2017
- Where: Around the Sunshine Coast
- Price: Free
- Website: www.sunshinecoastopenhouse.com.au
The inaugural Sunshine Coast Open House will showcase more than 30 architecturally significant buildings - many of them not usually open to the public.
This is a rare opportunity to visit some of the region’s most intriguing public and private buildings and celebrate the region’s architecture with
behind-the-scenes access to some of the Coast’s iconic buildings.
Founded by Sunshine Coast Council, Noosa Council and the Australian Institute of Architects Sunshine Coast Committee, Sunshine Coast Open House will open up access to unique places and reveal some of the built wonders of the region.
Tour architecturally diverse, well-designed and historic buildings including a range of heritage and contemporary structures. Sunshine Coast architects and informed volunteers will hold special guided tours and there is a panel discussion.
- Buildings open in the Noosa region are:
- Butter Factory Arts Centre, Cooroy
- Cooroy Library
- Cooroy Lower Mill Site
- Majestic Theatre, Pomona
- Pomona Fire and Rescue Station
- Pomona Railway Station Gallery
- Avonlea, Eumundi (bookings required)
- Tent House, Verrierdale (bookings required) - pictured