Capture the dramatic coastline, scenery and wildlife and indulge in a unique once in a lifetime experience driving on over 70 kilometres of golden sandy beaches from Noosa to Rainbow Beach on Queensland's Great Beach Drive. From start to finish, our Great Beach Drive 4WD tour itinerary offers freedom to explore, to stay a little longer, and to make the most of this amazing experience.
Escape the bitumen and discover the sand dunes. Imagine the freedom and pure exhilaration driving on over 70 kilometres of sand with the Pacific Ocean on one side and natural bushland on the other side. Experience this intimate and flexible Great Beach Drive 4WD tour from Noosa to Rainbow Beach, showcasing the Great Beach Drive at its very best. It is here that you regularly spot pods of dolphins, turtles, sharks, manta rays, birdlife and the majestic Humpback Whales in season (June-October). You will visit Red Canyon and see for yourself red and yellow sands that form this unique pinnacle style canyon in the dunes. Visit the world famous attraction, Coloured Sands, which has over 40 different shades of colour. Experienced guides will demonstrate how the aboriginals used the beautiful Coloured Sands for painting and decorating boomerangs. Exclusive drive access will take you to the lighthouse at Double Island Point for breathtaking 360 degree views across the Pacific Ocean and scenic surrounds of the Great Sandy National Park. You will also visit the scenic Honeymoon Bay with the coloured sands as the background. Here you can swim all year or body surf on the longest right hand surf breaks in Australia.
• This stretch of stunning sandy beaches features two UNESCO Biosphere Reserves side-by-side, with the Great Sandy Biosphere and Noosa Biosphere offering a unique combination of both beach and bushland.
• From start to finish, our tour itineraries offer freedom to explore, to stay a little longer, and to make the most of this unique experience.
• Great Beach Drive 4WD Tours are Advanced Eco Certified and are the only tour operators with direct and extended vehicle access to protected Double Island Point Lighthouse.
• We are the only operators who hold interactive coloured sand presentations as part of our tours, with respect to the Gubbi Gubbi people.
• Our tours offer stops to explore 40 Mile Beach, world-famous coloured sands of Rainbow Beach, Carlo Sandblow, Double Island Point Lighthouse, Red Canyon, Honeymoon Bay, Natural Rainforest, Rainbow Beach
• During whale season (June-October), whales are often spotted during the tour from Double Island Point Lighthouse.
• Our tours cater for people with disabilities, and babies over 6 months of age with booster seaters provided on request.
• Our local tour guides have in-depth knowledge about the Great Beach Drive and Cooloola National Park, making the commentary unrivalled.